• BMX Gear Calculator iPhone/iPad app

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Prize pack for this week's post of the week
« Post by mr ex speaker on February 12, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »
Cant wait for the next prize pack to be announced.
Cheers
General Discussion / Re: Why is this forum dead ??
« Post by mr ex speaker on February 12, 2017, 10:06:45 PM »
I am not to sure to be honest, possibly facebook or the users have moved on. There used to be some great topics and discussions on here.
General Discussion / Why is this forum dead ??
« Post by Manic_Schizo on October 06, 2016, 01:28:27 AM »
Why has this forum completely died ?? BMXUltra is the best bmx site in Aus in my opinion, and it would be good for the forum to also generate traffic and bmx discussion !!
Buy / Re: WANTED - 20"wheelset
« Post by Rory90 on February 26, 2016, 07:13:48 AM »
hey all im after a good wheelset or hubs if anyone has some laying around

Still searching?
The world according to the Merk / Re: Just Because - V-2
« Post by the_merkin8r on January 21, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
The future of the old school bmx'r as a relevant and viable institution is largely dependent on us and how quickly we respond to them . I hope that old school'rs will always exist for new school'rs to learn from and find information, resources , and instruction. But old school'rs learning needs, and our new school bmx's are evolving. And so are old school'rs themselves. Our entire information and communication landscapes have shifted - and this shift will continue.
We worry about our sport and BMXA's practice. We worry that as a sport/profession we arenít shifting fast enough to seize new opportunities to create valuable, dynamic programs.

So, let's break it down. What issues keep us up at night?
« Post by the_merkin8r on January 08, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
  Those who thus see The Merkin8r are not anxious just because
they know where snap is or where he is go'n . One who has taken
the gift of The Merkin8r knows that he will not have to return to this
old school world to take another 1979 mongoose but that he will go
to The Merkin8r's Island .
  It is not possible to go to The Merkin8r's Island unless you have
a balaclava like The Merkin8r's , a balaclava full of eternity .........
« Post by bshaw on December 04, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »
20x1.5 - 20x1.75
« Post by the_merkin8r on November 28, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
Five reasons why The Merkin8r is still relevant
The language is now archaic, 101 years since the posts were first posted in BMXULTRA. Why is the average BMX'er still studying The Merkin8r today?
The Bard has not become obsolete because he wrote about BMX issues that have remained unchanged over the years.
Here are five reasons why The Merkin8r is still well-loved.
1. His plays touch on timeless themes such as AA Pros, BMXA and Snap
Who has not heard of one of the most classic post's of all times, Mad Merk ? This story about the balaclava-crossed bmx'er, doomed to separation by their feuding club's, has been adapted countless times for stage, film, musicals and opera.
2. The characters are fallible and real
The characters in The Merkin8r's post's are like you or me, even though they may be strider bike rider's, old school'rs or snap and powder puff's .
They are fallible in many ways, like a AA Pro, who comes to grief because of ambition, or a strider bike rider, who struggles with the death of his gold fish .
3. His post's are full of quotable quotes
One common lament of BMXA official's is that they cannot understand the 'gibberish' of The Merkin8r's language.
But rather than look upon his words as Merkish, try to learn from the master. Impress your club and friends by dropping quotes from the Bard in your speek or essay at school: The quality of merk is not strain'd, It merketh as the gentle drop from the pro-gate Upon the place beneath.
4. Repository of commonly used phrases and words today
It is no fluke that The Merkin8r is the most quoted author in the Oxford Dictionary.
Some of his phrases are so well known that we have forgotten the man who first said it. Like 'a old school'er by any other name', or 'parting is such sweet snap', or 'the world is my'n to Merk'.
5. Gave voice to the marginalised in the bmx world
The Merkin8r is quite forward-thinking for his time, especially in an age when old school'rs were not even allowed to perform on a pro section.
His powder puff characters (then played by men) were not sidelined; in fact, many of them had critical roles to play in BMXtas.
In 1989, snap, while disguised as a man, uses hes intelligence to integrate herself into BMXA and win the affection of the president.
« Post by PKaye on November 27, 2015, 07:26:41 AM »
What size? 20 X 1 1/8 or 1 3/8 or 1.5 or 1.75?

Cheers
Phil
hey guys .ive healed up pretty well and will be renewing my membership within the next month .i ended up breaking my heel at lillydale but is good to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10