• BMX Gear Calculator iPhone/iPad app

Author Topic: New article - Top 10 BMX vehicles  (Read 6105 times)

Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New article - Top 10 BMX vehicles
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
We thought we'd get a regular top 10 thing going on bmxultra.com. The next one will be Top 10 BMX Vehicles.

We will make it a wide range of vehicles but happy to hear if you have any ideas we can merge with ours.

Commissioner28

• View Profile
Re: New article - Top 10 BMX vehicles
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »
Mitsubishi Outlander's are a great car for carrying bikes. they have a split tail gate and the spare wheel is store underneath the boot it allows me to fit upto 3 bikes including cruisers side by side without taking the front wheel or pedals off.

True Temper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:20:59 PM »
is that with the back seat down?

Commissioner28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
is that with the back seat down?

Yeah that's with both seats down, and the bikes put in length ways into the boot. I normally travel with a cruiser and a 20" with handlebars in first and then I put my gear bag, seat and whatever in the middle and placed over the handlebars. I also take two bike stands, which i also use during transport and that stops them from moving side to side and falling on one another.

PROGXP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
I travel with my son in a Holden Ute to the local track and to race meetings. two bikes in the back plus all our gear with the wheels on easily. V6 on Gas is very cheap to run.

Earlier in the year i went up to Canberra to race at their state titles (from VIC). 4 adults in a Chevrolet Silverado. 4 bikes in the back, two tents plus all our gear fitted under the tarp. If i had a canopy in there we could have left the wheels on the bikes and probably fitted a few more in there!

I travelled up to Bendigo with another club member in her Kia SUV and with no room in the back had the two bikes on the bike rack out the back. While i understand some people need them, i dont like the idea of my bike out in the weather if it is raining, or the security even popping into a shop to get fuel etc.