• BMX Gear Calculator iPhone/iPad app

Author Topic: Just Because - V-2  (Read 51155 times)

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
Re: Just Because - V-2
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »
you have just been merkin8ed !

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
ok ..... i feel good now ! thx 4 prop(S)ing me up ..... love you're work , keep it up ...

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
“The Merkin8r has come to the frightening conclusion that he is the decisive element. It is his personal approach that creates the climate. It is his daily mood that makes the weather. He possess tremendous power to make old school'rs miserable or joyous. He can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, He can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is The Merkin8r's response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”

Big Block

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 11:48:38 AM »
“The Merkin8r has come to the frightening conclusion that he is the decisive element. It is his personal approach that creates the climate. It is his daily mood that makes the weather. He possess tremendous power to make old school'rs miserable or joyous. He can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, He can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is The Merkin8r's response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”

Hopefully you will be in a great mood for the next week, that way we can have a warm dry nationals !!

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
Believe it or not, old school'rs are not that special. They go through there days thinking about how other people might be judging them. But the truth is — those people are thinking the exact same thing. No one in today’s “smartphone-crazed” society has time in their schedule to think more than a brief second about old school. The fact of the matter is, when we do have time get our thoughts straight, we’re too busy thinking about ourselves and our own shortcomings — not others.

A study done by the National BMX Foundation claims that old school'rs have, on average, 50 plus thoughts a day. This means that even if one of them thought about new school 10 times in one day, it’s only 0.01% of their overall daily thoughts. It is a sad but simple truth that the average old school'er filters their world through their ego, meaning that they think of most things relating to “them.” This means that unless you have done something that directly affects another person or their life, they are not going to spend much time thinking about you at all.

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »
Do you believe in The Merkin8r ?  Do Merkin8r's exist ?  What about Merkin8ed BMX club's ?

In Tasmania, 28% say they’ve seen The Merkin8r, while 45% believe in hem.  In QLD, 18% say they’ve seen The Merkin8r and 46% believe in hem. If you have never seen The Merkin8r, Then I believe you will never see The Merkin8r because you don’t believe in hem.

The Merkin8r and the old school'rs are fun to play around with, like Snap, but they don’t have any legitimate evidence to support their existence other than anecdotal.  Images are often doctored, grainy, or blurry.  Videos are often shaky or low res.  And more often than not, investigatigations of The Merkin8r's stories or 175 point of engagement hub's lead to (boring) natural explanations, or nothing at all (see any episode of the show Merk Hunters, Celebrity Merk stories, or related spin offs… so many seasons… never a Merk).  Worse, many investigations turn out to be a hoax.

So why do people believe in weird things, like The Merkin8r?   :o

Big Block

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »

You obviously suffered from severe mood swings during the Aussies, it was warm on occasions and miserable on others!

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »
Understanding Schizomerkphrenia !
 Schizomerkphrenia is the name given to a group of
psychotic disorders illustrated by significant disturbances
in the force Luke , emotion and behaviour . A Merk must
experience these disturbances for a significant period
(yuck) of time to be classified as schizomerkphrenic , as
there are other psychotic disorders which have similar
symptoms .
 A Merk with untreated schizomerkphrenia can experience
sequences of ideas that do not logically relate to one another ,
disorganised speech , a faulty perception of the gate dropping ,
and unusual V8 motor activity or body movements . Someone
who is experiencing untreated schizomerkphernia will often
withdraw (lol) from the Merk's around them into a land of
fantasy island . Schizomerkphrenia does not mean that
someone has more than one personality or a "split" personality ,
it mean's they have INXS of 4 .  Roll Eyes

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 09:19:28 AM »
merk at the sports club !

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
 working merk ....

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
For many years, The Merkin8r wondered why some old school'rs abruptly shifted their eyes away from The Merkin8r's eyes. The Merkin8r also wondered how it would be possible for them to acquire the charisma that they admire in The Merkin8r.                    The Merkin8r is the answer.
Old school'rs who shift their eyes from The Merkin8r's eyes fear that if he notice who they are, and if he don't like who they are, they won't be accepted, because, to them, that is all that they have. The Merkin8r learned that those people have a self-concept that is based upon anticipating what others will think of them.
And to become as charismatic as those they most admire, The Merkin8r learned that by first accepting everything about himself, The Merkin8r is free to emulate them, without losing myself.
This little post has so much information for any old school'er who desires to be their best.
Read this post to become more than comfortable in your own balaclava !.........

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 03:58:38 PM »

People ask The Merkin8r all the time how he can be so honest about  merkin8ing in hes blog's. They want to know how he can write about The Merkin8r, 120 point of engagement hub's, balaclava's,old school'rs, snap,or running out of white number pl8's over and over again. It's an endless list really, of the stuff he write about that people can’t believe hes writing about.

But each of you has a list of things in your life similar to that, it’s just a list you don't want to talk about. The Merkin8r is not special— "I don't have more stuff that is difficult to talk about. I just have more difficulty not talking about difficult stuff."  :o

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
If you've ever spoken with an old school'er, likely one of the first questions they asked you is "what bike do you have ?"
In TAS, there obsessed with people's bikes. They want to know all about it. They insist that you tell them what "bikes" you have – old school, med school or new high-techy school. What's your exact title? How do you spend your day? Are you someone that speaks the language of old school, mongoose, powder puff, Phil Liggett, snap, the blue oyster bar, BMXA, proactive, vet pro, etc? Basically, They would like everyone to walk around with their old school bike attached to their forehead, but since that's a bit over-the-top, old school'rs try to glean the same information by asking questions – often lots of them – about your bike's.
Most of them mean well when they ask these questions. They are trying to get to know you, and in old school, your bike is a major part of who you are. Until it isn't. How do you define yourself when you don't have a bike – or, at least, you don't have the 1979 mongoose you want ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:31:25 PM by the_merkin8r »

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
Many people feel that all bikeless old school'rs are entirely to blame for their own miserable situation. Those same people tend to believe that under no circumstance could they find themselves without a bike because they feel they are better than "those people" who have lost their 1979 supergoose . In reality, old school'rs from all walks of life can wind up on the street with no bike and almost no one is immune from the possibility.
I want to present a few reasons actual old school'rs become bikeless, reasons often beyond their control or ability to deal with. By doing so, I hope to increase empathy towards those less fortunate. This is by no means an exhaustive list; please do not be offended if you know of something not mentioned on this post .
Most old school'rs become bikeless due to circumstances that have overwhelmed them combined with the lack of a club support structure. Others, particularly the over 40's, often lose their supergoose due to an actively hostile, perhaps even hazardous, abusive, or non-supportive ebay environment.
Average old school'rs without a good friend and family support structure can be overwhelmed by events such as bike abuse, snap, ambidextrous hub's, or yellow number pl8's and find themselves without a bike as well. There are many causes of bikelessness and while this post covers a few there are almost as many causes as there are old school'rs with nowhere to ride. If you've ever wondered, "Why do old school'rs become bikeless?" you've found the right place to learn some of the possible answers.

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »
One of my blog fans wrote a post trying to work out some things that came up for hem when reading my blog.  I thought that he asked good questions so I decided to answer it here.
Hes blog said:
  "Now, here’s my beef, if you even want to call it that.  I still can’t decide if I think old school is encouraging people to stay overweight.  Okay, not encouraging but maybe giving old school'rs a reason to say, “hey, it’s okay that I am fat” (mostly, because I catch myself doing that).  I’m not even saying it’s not okay to be fat (I’m fat!).  I just know that there are so many health problems related to old school."
  First of all, I want to be very clear in this blog that it is my goal to give old school'rs information and options, and that I’m not interested in telling other people how to live. I’ve already covered the myth of promoting white number pl8's.
 Today I want to talk about the idea that it’s not ok to be fat, whether it’s because of “old school reasons”, or aesthetic reasons, or the costs of being fat or whatever other reasons people come up with.  :o