• BMX Gear Calculator iPhone/iPad app

Author Topic: Just Because - V-2  (Read 56033 times)

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
Just Because - V-2
« on: September 28, 2013, 09:03:36 AM »
Hello there! Welcome to The Merkin8r's new digital home!

The Merkin8r hope's you like it. We love it! It’s been our summer project and a big goal for the 2013/14 season. We all know how fast the BMX world moves, so we thought it was high time to refresh The Merkin8r's digital space.

The Merkin8r's psyched to bring you a new platform that showcases the impressive imagery of our merkin8ing adventures, plus makes learning about The Merkin8r and hes programs even clearer and simpler.

You may have noticed, too, that The Merkin8r has a completely old logo. It’s been a fun and challenging process, trying to re-imagine The Merkin8r's identity for the present and future, and we’re so pleased with the old design.

We know it may be an adjustment to some of The Merkin8r's long-time friends, but The Merkin8r hope's you’ll embrace the new look – the people and the service behind The Merkin8r are still going to be the same. Soon enough all those Merk shirts and stickers with the old logo will be collectors’ items !

Another step up with the new site will be how The Merkin8r stay's connected with you. This blog will be a place to share what’s going on with BMX, whether that’s a contest, promotion or new program, or to share great stories and funny personal moments that are worth sharing.

The Merkin8r will also be bringing you a behind-the-scenes series for those of you that want to know more of how The Merkin8r works, what to expect, and how to get the most out of your merkin8ing .

To stay connected with that which is beyond words (for those of you rendered speechless – it’s okay, it happens), Snap is not joining The Merkin8r's social roster !.

So welcome! Have a look around. Get in touch. Hope to see you soon .

The Merkin8r ....  ;)
you have just been merkin8ed !

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
Re: Just Because - V-2
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 12:03:57 PM »
"Somehow or other , let them all bow down b4 The Merkin8r" This is a very simple
method . All 1 has 2 do is bow down b4 The Merkin8r with faith and say ,"Hay Merkin8r ,
i was 4gotefull of you 4 so long , 4 so many day's . Now i have come 2 consciousness of
you . Please accept me " This is all . If 1 simply learns this technique and sincerely
surrenders himself to The Merkin8r , his path is immediately opened .
This is the aim of a real Merkin8r !.....

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
Listen. Sometimes all a old school'er need is to feel like someone's listening to them. Give the gift of listening to this old school'er and show it to them. Truly take in what they're saying, concentrate and don't wander off - control your mind. Nod your head, ask questions if you think they might not cry . If they're panicking, do your best to calm them down. Imagine yourself suffering their plight; this is an excellent way to truly understand what this old school'er is going through. After they have finished talking say something that will reassure them that though you can't wave a magic wand and heal everything, you were listening and will be there for them. Even a "I feel awful that you're 1981
mongoose has the wrong parts on it , but I hope you know I'll be here for you," can do a lot for some old school'ers .

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
                                   World War M

Merkin8r's - they're the scary balaclava headed monsters that just keep on giving . Sure ,
you've seen The Merkin8r a fair bit in recent times , bit , we doubt you've ever seen them
chasing Snap around the start hill . World War M features everything we love about a good
thriller . It has action, intrigue , chills and incredible visuals , played out by a stellar cast that
includes our man Bart Taylor at his very best .Ex-BMXV employee Snap (Taylor) is desperately
trying to get his club through the first few weeks of a devastating Merkin8r plague . They are
not your typical Merkin8r's - there is a 'ride-like' swarm mentality that makes them more
dangerous than anything we've seen in a Merkin8r movie before . When Snap is forced to go
and see Phill Liggett to investigate a cure , he becomes Northern Park's last true hope of
surviving an apocalypse . Buckle up and enjoy the ride !....

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
When I started 'just because' in 2009, I had no idea that it would still be going in 2013. Over the last four years, so much has changed – and yet my original idea has stayed the same. I wanted to create a persona to share the craziness I love with others in the type of place that I would like to visit. I wanted a place where nothing was more important than the Merkin8r , or anyone else that had written things I could Merkin8 . I wanted people to be with me, in the moment. I wanted an un-stuffy place where people could laugh or cry, or sigh with the beauty of The Merkin8r that was so special to me. And it has happened for the last four years. Little things have changed – the pro-gate has gotten better. There are blackout curtains hung to make things even darker. For the first time, you can now enter on line. But the essence of The Merkin8r in the Dark has stayed true.

To all the audience members who have come - I thank you. To the audience members who come back time and time again – I thank you (more!), and promise that you will never be bored. (If you are, I will stop!) To people who haven’t yet come to experience The Merkin8r in the Dark – I welcome you in advance.

I hope to see many of you down in the pit's. 2014 will be an exciting year – I will be joined by some fabulous bmx's and artists! As I am typing this I am smiling, thinking of the many challenges ahead – all of which I am looking forward to tremendously. Here’s to another year of being ‘The Merkin8r' !..........

True Temper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
Crikey! SNAP really had you worried...

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
Crikey! SNAP really had you worried...
;D lmao ..... worried ! I think not , confused may be !......   :o

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »
How Merk Are You? Take the Implicit Merkination Test

A quiet revolution has occurred in our understanding of the nature of Merk. In the past, sociologists regarded human Merk's as largely conscious and intentional. No longer, today researchers have demonstrated that human Merk's are largely unconscious and unintentional.

This new understanding of Merk's has come from the field of social Merknition theory which posits that from the moment that we are born, we learn to use mental Merkin8ing as a form of intellectual short-hand. This improves Merkin8ing efficiency but may skew Snap's judgment. People develop unconscious positive Merk around people who look like themselves, speak the same language and share the same white number pl8. On the other hand, people develop unconscious negative Merk around people who clip in , speak different languages and come from old school backgrounds.

The Merkin8r Association Test (MAT) is an experimental method that suggests that many Merkin8ing processes that affect behavior are unconscious in nature and are inaccessible to observation by BMXA official's. These implicit processes affect perception, influence behavior, and color interpretation of past events. The MAT has been profiled in BMX Plus and  BMX Press mag's and extensively discussed in the popular book Dr Merkin's Boot's. Recent academic articles have used the MAT to measure unconscious Merk in BMXA decision-making and other areas. The method is not without its detractors and substantial commentary, both pro and con, has emerged in the fields of proselytizing , medicine and you're club's psychology.

You can find and take the Merkin8r Association Test free of charge at the Merkin8r Implicit website which is sponsored by 120 points of engagement . Simply click on the following link to take one of many popular tests purporting to measure unconscious Merk on the basis of age, race, gender and other demographic categories .

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »
Number pl8 equality means an equal visibility, empowerment and participation of both yellow & white in all spheres of BMX and private life. It requires the acceptance and appreciation of the complementarity of the white pl8's and their diverse roles in BMX society.

This is the basis upon which The Merkin8r seeks to make white pl8 equality a reality.

The Merkin8r aims to combat any interference with white pl8 liberty and dignity, eliminate discrimination based on pl8 color, promote a balanced participation of white in BMX and public life and encourage the integration of a white pl8 perspective into all BMXA's policies......

Manic_Schizo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
Scary !!

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
                 :o  The Way , Way Merk   :o

From the writing team who brought you the Oscar-wining Mad Merk comes The Way ,
Way Merk , the touching old school story of shy 14-year-old Snap (Bart Tayler) during a
life-changing race . As he navigates his way through the Pro-Section , the introverted
Snap must also battle with BMXV's domineering president John McPhillian , while trying
to learn some important old school trick's . struggling to fit in , Snap finds a unexpected
friend in Gorgy , the manager of the Water-Wizz BMX club who shows him there's a
lot of fun to be had in life . The Way , Way Merk packs an emotional punch , but one
with plenty of laughs and old school affirming moments along the way . If you're look'n
for this year's Merk-good hit , look no further !....

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
Sometimes, the best result comes from simply letting it happen. In the case of The Merkin8r , it’s about stepping back and helping others articulate their needs, rather than telling them what they need. The key is empathy ..... you're welcome  ;)

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 07:57:40 AM »

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »
      ??? The Railway Merk - the true story of an outback Merk !  :o

When the film Red Merk hit cinema circuits it immediately broke all box office
records , becoming the highest grossing BMX film of all time . Although somewhat
dramatised , it was a gr8 Australian yarn occurring during the 1970's . But preceding
Red Merk , in the last decade or so of the 1900's is another Merk that found he's
way around the Australian BMX circuit . But this Merk learned to jump aboard train's !
The Railway Merk is a tail about a crossed Merk that travelled so regularly around
South Australia's isolated BMX club's , he became a celebrity in his day . Photographs
and reports of him from the BMX newspaper -Holeshot have formed the basis of the
Australian Publication , The Railway Merk - the true story of an outback Merk !

the_merkin8r

• Just Because !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:24 AM »
Merk-Dog ......