Author Topic: Article research: Cranks  (Read 2507 times)

Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Article research: Cranks
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm going to get back on to the weight weenies series of articles and was wondering if you could tell me what cranks you run and what size? It would also be cool if you could briefly say why you run them. In 20 words or less would be great, no need to get into the science, just what inspired you to purchase them/use them.
Thanks
Shane

Big Block

• View Profile
Re: Article research: Cranks
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
Here is a blurb on the 5 sets of cranks we are running or have ridden in recent times:
1. 180mm Shimano DXR, at 100+kg I need something strong and stiff, all those I spoke to rave over them.
2. 180mm DK cranks, purchased secondhand cheap and they were my fav colour-Black
3. 170mm Bombshell cranks- arrived with bent spider, purchased as were black and cheaper than Saints
4. 170mm Shimano Zee cranks, purchased because of price, new were $120 and only needed for a second bike
5. 175mm Saints cranks, needed to go up a size for son and always loved the look and reviews of them!

Of the above I love DXR's and son loves the Saints

PKaye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:44 AM »
Hey Shane,

I run Doublecross Cranks 180mm. Whiloe I am a personal fan of Profile Elite cranks, being the Team Manager of Doublecross I need to run their crans. that being said, I have had no trouble with these cranks which are lite and strong. The bearing system is excellent giving a good free spin even with the chain on. Doublecross are currently working on a new design for their cranks which will be out soon.

Simon32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
I run Redline flight cranks 180mm.... Why? Because they came on the bike I bought years ago and they work.