Author Topic: Pre nom for events  (Read 9201 times)

Big Block

• View Profile
Pre nom for events
« on: October 06, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
What are people's views on the pre nom events, I often travel for work and occasionally can't commit too far out, I know the pre nom events are a great indicator for the clubs to cater for the crowd on the day.
Next weekend there is a race meet in Gympie that is pre nom, I didn't as I was to be in Perth until Saturday, my trip has changed and I will now be back on Friday evening but noms have closed.

No real big deal as I could do with the break, but how many riders and catering are similarly clubs missing out?

Marty

• View Profile
Re: Pre nom for events
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
Hi Big Block,
Simply ring the club and ask what their policy is with late Noms.  You might be lucky and they will still take your Nom.

Marty.

Big Block

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
Hi Marty, have spoken with them, definitely closed!

Commissioner28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
I can only speak of what happens down here in Victoria and all open events generally have noms closing 3-4 days out from race day. I think it works well, as most people have an idea whether they can attend or not through work commitments or recovering from an injury etc. however every so often there is a few late noms accepted which seems to be easier now that 90% are transponders ran events.

gorey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
Personally I don't agree with pre-nomed "open days", I understand events like championships where trophies and race programs are supplied but not for "open days". The reason for me is that sometimes weather is not favourable and or something pops up that may force you to cancel racing. Over the years there has been a couple of events that were cancelled and another date allocated but we couldn't attend so we lost our noms. The SQ zone still manages to hold some of the biggest meetings next to state/national champs regularly without pre noms successfully and generally on time.........the club benefits from pre-nom not the rider. 

bmx4life97

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:36 AM »
The only events that need to be pre nom are title events.  Normal open days really there is no need.  Pine Rivers have proved that you can run a successful open with nom on the day with transponders.  I believe the issue with Cooloola being prenom is that they are doing trophies and medallions.  Do we really need more trophy events?

Cyclops

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
Cooloola missed out on us attending, things happen, if it wasn't pre nom we would be there.

bmx4life97

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »
Thats a shame wonder how many others will be turned away

Manic_Schizo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
Definitely places restrictions on who can attend. I also agree that there is no need for pre nomination for open days.

bmx4life97

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »
Just over 150 riders at Cooloola's open day today.  First 3 motto done and dusted in 2 hours but then a couple of crashes and the pro straight breaking away held up racing.  But good to be done by 6pm.  If it wasn't for the Central Zone Riders the club would have suffered with low numbers.  People looking for a break and or couldn't afford to nom the week of the state titles.  Would have been interesting to see how many they could have got with nom on the day.
Congratulations to Dirk Winter who took out the Pro Men and Chelsea King once again showing her dominance in the Pro Ladies to claim another win under her belt.

Well done to the Club on running a great open meet though, a lot of effort went in to getting it all done.

Hearnie

• A family who rides together stays together
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
Wouldn't work here in NSW. Every Open this year had over 400+ riders up to 700 at Macarthur. Pre-noms close a 4-5 days out however they do have an injury policy for refunds  :D
Miss Muffett proudly supported by GHP, SR Cycles and Reform Health

Commissioner28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:46 PM »
700 riders at Macarther?

That's more than the Victorian State Titles. Damn

BMX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:50 AM »
700 riders at Macarther?

That's more than the Victorian State Titles. Damn

Big numbers, but not as many as the Vic State Titles by close to 200 entries.

Macarthur had 662 Entries and 585 Riders.
http://macarthur.bmxnsw.com.au/bmx/images/usrimages/10621_Bmx%20Event%20Manager%20by%20Lyndon_Downing@bigpond_com.htm

Macarthur has the 2014 NSW State Titles, that will be big.

Commissioner28

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
That's sounds more like it, I was going off the info from Hearnie post.  At the same time great numbers up there

alterego

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 07:07:38 PM »
Don't forget Macarthur was a State Series round which, in a metro area, would attract plenty of entries.

Not sure how the numbers will go for the States in 2014 when the qualification rules have changed. You now have to do 1 metro open and 1 country open. Depending on which clubs put their hand up for an Open, some people could be up for mega travel.

Sorry to stray from the point.