Author Topic: 2014 UCI BMX Rule Book  (Read 4006 times)

BMX

• View Profile
2014 UCI BMX Rule Book
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

S-works45

• View Profile
Re: 2014 UCI BMX Rule Book
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
National Championships must be held in July...Seriously?????

BMX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
National Championships must be held in July...Seriously?????

That date was introduced into UCI rule 1.2.029 on 1/7/12
It's just been rolled into Part VI.

Note UCI 1.2.029 also states:
"The UCI may grant dispensations for the southern hemisphere or in cases of force majeure"

So BMXA can still schedule nationals in May.

alterego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
Maybe some people should read and fully understand some of these rules before they think they know it all.

At this years Nationals, during practice, my rider came back to me quite distraught after two "officials" at staging told him his pants were too short and if he came back tomorrow he couldn't race. Way to do a kids head in. Paint the picture, he had 'Skins" underneath and his socks went over the 'Skins'. There was ABSOLUTELY NO SKIN SHOWING!!! Probably only a couple of inches between the bottom of the pants and the riders ankle .

To the fashion police, the UCI does NOT specify any minimum length, end of story. As I couldn't be bother fighting the case at the Nats because the annointed ones are better, I bought another pair of pants at a cost, do you want to chip in? I thought not. >:(

Funny thing is my rider heard one of the two nationals fashion police at a recent state title telling riders their pants were too short.

Manic_Schizo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
Maybe some people should read and fully understand some of these rules before they think they know it all.

At this years Nationals, during practice, my rider came back to me quite distraught after two "officials" at staging told him his pants were too short and if he came back tomorrow he couldn't race. Way to do a kids head in. Paint the picture, he had 'Skins" underneath and his socks went over the 'Skins'. There was ABSOLUTELY NO SKIN SHOWING!!! Probably only a couple of inches between the bottom of the pants and the riders ankle .

To the fashion police, the UCI does NOT specify any minimum length, end of story. As I couldn't be bother fighting the case at the Nats because the annointed ones are better, I bought another pair of pants at a cost, do you want to chip in? I thought not. >:(

Funny thing is my rider heard one of the two nationals fashion police at a recent state title telling riders their pants were too short.

I hear ya. The unfortunate outcome of giving some people responsibility and power. Start making up their own rules for no other reason than to feel important. Makes you wonder what they do with the rest of their lives. What can you do though ??