Author Topic: Spectator shades - Nerang Internationals  (Read 12019 times)

Cyclops

• View Profile
Re: Spectator shades - Nerang Internationals
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
NOMS CLOSE TOMORROW FOR THE NERANG INTERNATIONALS, THERE WILL BE NO LATE ENTRIES DUE TO THE HIRE OF TRANSPONDERS......... gates practice times for next week are Wed 1ST from 3 - 7pm, thurs 2ND 4 - 8 pm and fri 3RD 10-11.30...Please be aware that there will be no parking inside the gates as the pro shops will be setting up,
ALSO ALL GATES WILL BE OPENED AT 8AM on Friday morning for shade tents to go up and not before........
any problems with this come and see ME in the canteen......bags of ice will be sold at the track. We are looking forward to having an awesome race meet and seeing old friends and new ones BRING IT ON POSSUMS.

It's also worth mentioning that ANYONE caught entering the premises unauthorized prior to 8am on Friday (or scaling/cutting through/going under the fence) will be asked to leave the premises, they will also be removed from the event entry list and will NOT be refunded their nom fees.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:35:52 PM by Cyclops »

Big Block

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »

It's also worth mentioning that ANYONE caught entering the premises unauthorized prior to 8am on Friday (or scaling/cutting through/going under the fence) will be asked to leave the premises, they will also be removed from the event entry list and will NOT be refunded their nom fees.

Great idea restricting entry to all until Friday morning, but with this new rule\threat of expulsion to those that may flaunt the request, how are they going to inform all participants 6 days out? Perhaps it could have been added to the nomination form?

Twintorque

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »

This one statement, will make a world of difference to this event Cyclops. I'd like to think that perhaps this thread has made a difference and reached someone who has the ear of the Nerang Committee.

It would have been great on the flyer right from the get go, but throw it up on the club facebook page, and word will spread quite rapidly. I know I will share it if i see it posted in an official capacity, and help get word out there. Heaps of people will once they see it.

Might I suggest though, that if marking of spots is again going to be prohibited, then this also needs to be mentioned somewhere? Because this is actually a normal practice at many large events outside of SEQ, especially NSW State rounds and the like. Contrary to what some southern zoners think, there is actually a lot of BMX happening OUTSIDE of SEQ....People are going to do it again at this event, like they did last time, unless it is made clear they cant.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:33:41 PM by Twintorque »

Manic_Schizo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 01:24:32 AM »
This is great to read. Looking forward to the event. Should be some great racing.

bmx4life97

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Just bring on the racing so sick of
people winging about seating issues :P

mr ex speaker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
You guys are scaring me, so if i dont get there by 8.00 Friday , the 2 of us coming will have to sit in Bunnings?
Cheers
If Gorey can video the tent setup action and put it in hour by hour i would most prolly be keen to see the action from it.

Twintorque

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »
I thought I better follow this thread up one last time, the controls the club put in place this year worked very well. Certainly made the event much more enjoyable for everyone. No threats of physical violence this time.

It might be a bit late, but well done to the club for sorting this issue out finally. Feel free to pass that on Mick.