We have closed this forum and are no longer taking registrations
Visit the new forum at www.bmxultra.com/forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 01:43:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Check out www.bmxultra.com for all the BMX news you can take.
+  bmxultra.com
|-+  New school racing
| |-+  New school racing
| | |-+  2012 ACT Titles Postponed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2012 ACT Titles Postponed  (Read 8836 times)
Cyclops

View Profile
Re: 2012 ACT Titles Postponed
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »

On facebook Caroline said maybe June or July.
Psykopath

http://www.psykopath.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 12:59:59 PM »

Been informed that BMXA Nationals TV coverage on SBS should get similar timeslot as MTB Nationals..........2 hour special.

Additional photoage may come from the Champbikx / Probikx rounds as they are National Series....

SBS shot quite a bit of footage at Nerang...

PSYKOPATH INDUSTRIES

Castro Pull - Aluminum Race Frame

http://www.psykopath.com/
bonzai

Ride ONE, you will want ONE www.onebicycles.com

View Profile
Re: 2012 ACT Titles RESCHEDULED
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »

ACTBMXA

NOTICE

The 2012 ACT BMX Championships will now be held on the weekend of the
8th and 9th of DECEMBER 2012

This was originally planned as the ACT Pre Titles but has now been rescheduled to hold the postponed ACT Championships lost due to weather conditions.

Entries will be reopned and entries will also be available for refund (with a small fee attached)

For Details regarding ENTRIES please stay tuned as more details come to light.

Thanks for your patience, ACTBMXA has made the decision as soon as it possibly could and under some unusual and difficult circumstances!

The Event will remain at the Canberra Track for the December date.

See ya all there!

Ride hard, Ride fast, Have fun and stay rubber side down.
Sponsored by ONE Bicycles Australia, SNAP BMX Products & Lizard Skins Grips.
Supported by ECI, BMXEDGE, ALIUS BMX Components! Quality BMX Supporters!
bots_inc

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »

A small fee to be taken from a refund for an event that didn't run I already lost all most $700 and the chance for my daughter to try for mighty 11's as if that wasn't enough.
Icrashalot

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

mayb they are paying a small fee on top of the refund to make up for our wasted time and money?
bots_inc

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »

Well that would be good.
Munchkin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »

i heard today that the small fee is to do with the transponders.  They had already paid for the transponders and the company that you "hire" the transponders from won't give them a refund!  Not sure how much truth is in this, but if true that SUX!!!!
bots_inc

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »

So does this mean if you still go you have to pay a little extra fee??? All the people not going will pay for all transponders?Huh
Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »

It appears those with their own transponders also have to pay the fee......

No big deal re the fee .... however December is way too far off, this event has been a good hit up for the nationals which is a big part of the reason so many attend.

The track appears to have escaped relatively unscathed and I for one expected the ACT Titles to be run on one of the next three weekends.
Hoadie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

How do we get a refund?Huh??

Rush Industries, DK Bicycles Australia,Goodlife Health Centres, Thor Racing,Loosekid Industries, Redman Australia, Troy Lee Designs, Chris King, Technique, Bombshell
wally

www.bmxedge.com.au

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »

To get a refund you need to contact ACTBMX who run the event  Wink

I believe the fee is from Ezeventing and the transponder hire but not 100%.  ACTBMX has already lost some major $$$ with this and is only funded by 2 clubs and only run 1 open a year to gain funds unlike other states.

The track has suffered damage that had to be fixed, also due to Canberra still getting rain the track surrounds and the car park that was 2 to 3 feet under water is still not accessible or safe to put people and cars on. Rivers in Canberra have only really just started to come down to normal. Canberra will still need at least 3 to 4 weeks of sun and no rain for the car park to handle the traffic that the ACT's will put on it and with more rain coming this is not going to happen anytime soon.

So this also gives the ACT committee another issue as they will then start conflicting with other opens etc... that are happening close by. Not that easy to just postpone a week or two with mother nature playing her current weather game with us.

No matter what date they set it will not please all. I have heard that ACTBMX are working on something to assist those that stay on board. I recommend keeping an eye on the ACTBMXA web site for updates and if you have questions send an email and ask them rather then playing Chinese whispers on here.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:40:59 PM by wally » Logged

BMX EDGE for all your BMX race needs.
www.bmxedge.com.au or call 0427 779 700

Exclusive Australian Dealer/Importers of Doublecross Bikes.
Dealers for CHASE, Excess, Elevn, Insight, Kingstar, ONE, Supercross, Bombshell, SNAP, Avent, Tioga, Alpine Star Race wear, Fox and more.....
bonzai

Ride ONE, you will want ONE www.onebicycles.com

View Profile
NEWS on the 2012 ACT Titles
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »

New date set for the 2012 ACT BMXA Championships is 8/9 Dec 2012.

Firstly I would like to thank all that entered our event, the calibre of riders and the number registered would have made this event one of the biggest BMX events in Australia. It is always a difficult decision to postpone events and I believe a right call on this occasion and those entered deserved better than what we could have delivered over period of the 2-4 March 2012.

For those that watched the news, travelled to Canberra or had travelled through Southern parts of NSW would have realised first hand that there was a lot of water flooding roads and towns, Canberra included.   The week leading into our Event broke weather records that had stood the test of time for over 60 years and were overshadowed by the rain which occurred during Feb/Mar 2012.  There was that much water laying around on saturated soil to the point where the track and surrounds just wouldn’t have coped with holding the Titles event, our planned car park was under more than 1metre of water as an example. This making it a sound decision to postpone our Titles a few days out on the advice of the weather mans predictions which were proved correct on this occasion.

I suppose the two major topics on most people’s mind is; will it be re-run? and if re-run what about my entry?  more so if I cannot make the new date. I will try and adequately explain these questions below.

Why the 8/9 Dec – There are many reasons for this decision but below are a few we considered.

Rather than create a new event in an already busy Calendar, this date we had set aside for our Pre-Titles event. It appears to work with a build-up of large open events in the lead up to the 2013 Nationals. This commencing with the Vic Titles in November, ACT’s in December, Nerang Nationals and the UCI event in WA during January, SA Titles in February and the ACT’s again in March.  Some may realise the importance of 2013 as this is the year the Worlds will be conducted in NZ. The racing schedule on offer in these open events gives our Aussie riders a marvellous opportunity with some excellent racing to prepare them for that event. We may even be able to attract Santa on his Harley to this one also.

Where to from here - There are two options available to entrants, one is to hold your entry for the new date or to request a refund if the new date is unsuitable.

Holding your entry. If you chose this option you do not need to do anything. For those that chose this option we will offer discounts for your loyalty to our 2013 ACT BMX Titles Event.  The suggestion is $20 for your 1st Class and a $10 discount off the 2nd Class along with the existing family discounts with normal entry fees fixed at the 2012 rate.
Request a refund, This process is available through the on-line system if you had entered the event electronically or by contacting the ACT Registrar through actbmxa@gmail.com or mail PO Box 325 Kippax ACT 2615. Unfortunately refunds will incur a $15 Administration fee.

The period for electronic refund is from 15 Mar 12 until 5pm ESDST on 30 Mar 12, then this process will be closed until the event is reopened again through ezeventing .
I thank you for your patience and if you need more details on the above or if you have any questions relating to your own circumstances, can you please contact our Registrar on 0419487677.

Yours in BMX

Steve Thomas

President
ACT BMX A Incorporated  www.actbmx.com.au |  PO Box 325 Kippax ACT 2615  |  0407480904  |  actbmxa@gmail.com 

Ride hard, Ride fast, Have fun and stay rubber side down.
Sponsored by ONE Bicycles Australia, SNAP BMX Products & Lizard Skins Grips.
Supported by ECI, BMXEDGE, ALIUS BMX Components! Quality BMX Supporters!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length