Racing > Racing

2014 Shootout Series

<< < (2/8) > >>

Aussieruss:
Hi Guys.

Two questions.

Is this shootout similar to the annual Victorian TrackAttack series where we race 6 race meets over a 9 day period or is it over a longer timeframe?

Are transponders normally used for open meets in QLD?
(We held our last non transponder open meet this year after riders were given 2 years notice that all future open meets events would be run by transponder in Vic)

Just curious as to if/how other states are taking advantage of technology.

Russ...

Big Block:

--- Quote from: Aussieruss on December 30, 2013, 11:29:10 AM ---Hi Guys.

Two questions.

Is this shootout similar to the annual Victorian TrackAttack series where we race 6 race meets over a 9 day period or is it over a longer timeframe?

Are transponders normally used for open meets in QLD?
(We held our last non transponder open meet this year after riders were given 2 years notice that all future open meets events would be run by transponder in Vic)

Just curious as to if/how other states are taking advantage of technology.

Russ...

--- End quote ---
Russ, shootout is similar to track attack, but is held at 6 tracks over this year 10 weeks, to qualify for overall you must complete in 5 of the rounds, and 1 round has double points(randomly chosen at round 5)

I would love to see transponders here in QLD and kudos to Vic for having implemented, I know several clubs would struggle if forced down yo them....time will tell I guess what way the governing body goes here.

Munchkin:
In Vic each club had to put the loops and wiring in place, the actual timing equipment belongs to BMXV and they bring to each open.so cost to club was reasonable to install.

race69:
for me the shoot out series is mind numbing and boring, nothing has changed in this series for a lot of years to bring some interest to actually following this series, they had the start ramp comp but this was dropped,
yes the Victorian series is one to do but to far to travel, and the Victorian state has a great outlook on where the sport is going, look at transponders wow. didn't Queensland hire these to other clubs ?????
i have suggested changes to the shoot out series in the past but they fell on deaf ears, EG Novice (if they have to run this class) for them to run on flats, A and B finals, drop the 5 motos time trials (o sorry you need transponders for this)
But in saying this they get the numbers to this event so I may not see what other people see.   and for the committee of the day running this event for the time they did, well i don't know how they done it.
what is the biggest class in this series Pro and guess why $$$$$$$$. my boys have boxes of trophy's with only a few of their favorites on display, non of which are from the shoot outs,
well lucky they are both in Pro now and the $$$$ may drives us to attend again.   

bmxbandit:
A.  It does not cost $7900 to set up your club for transponders.  Most tracks can be set up for around $400.  Everything else comes in the kit that you šan arrange to use via BMXQ.

B.  transponders have been in use for at least three years in the other zones.  In C.Q for example every open day bar one has used them for the last two to three years.

It is not a question of it being difficult .  It is a change in people's thinking that is required.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version