We could just tell you the basic steps of how to tighten your stem down, but we wanted to provide a lot more than just that.
In this video we discuss
- Preparing the stem for installation
- How many head set spacers you should run under your stem
- How tight you should tighten the bolts
- Top load versus front load stems
- Torx bolts versus hex key bolts
- CNC’d versus forged versus cast stems
- Steel versus titanium versus chrome plated bolts
- 7:26 How to tighten standard stems correctly.
- 17:07 How to tighten Von Sothen Racing & CXP newer style stems. (Where one side of the face plate clamps completely shut).
A massive thanks to Paul Knox who has many years experience in the bike industry. Paul is a wealth of BMX knowledge that we will be drawing from to create more handy video to help set up your BMX bike perfectly.
Posted in: News