Have you seen the 2021 Troy Lee bike helmet range yet? Yes that’s right, there’s a stack of new D3 and D4 colourways from TLD and, it’s probably no surprise but, they look pretty sweet. Don’t take my word for it, check them out for yourself.
The Daytona, D2 and D3 series of helmets redefined the marriage between technology, safety and artistic design. The new Troy Lee Designs D4 is changing the game again.
Using TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber reinforcements in the shell of the new TLD D4 Carbon helmet has helped pare down the weight of the full-face helmet by almost 50 grams without sacrificing strength. Despite the loss in weight, we were able to strategically add EPS to increase strength and durability. Integrated MIPS Brain Protection System designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head. The new TLD D4’s package is rounded out with lightweight titanium D-rings, collarbone suspension system and quick release XT2 3D cheek pads and X-Static washable liner.
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain in some crash scenarios
- TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber shell
- Three shell sizes to more accurately fit a variety of head sizes and rider ages, improving overall safety
- Anatomical “3D” contoured cheek pads with emergency release system for EMS responders
- Removable snap-in, washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-lex® moisture-wicking materials
- Super light titanium D-rings save weight and have increased material tensile strength
- CPSC 1203*, CE EN1078*, ASTM F1952-DH, ASTM 2032-BMX. *Varies by regional standards
Corsa Sam Red
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Added eps and new headform shape for improved impact performance
- Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- Strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
- Quick-release and contoured 3D cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- Stainless steel chinstrap D-rings are light and strong
- Includes TLD drawstring helmet sock
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
- Not intended for use with motorized vehicles
Design and Function
D3 Fiberlite features many of the racing-derived features found on its top-shelf D3 Carbon and Composite siblings. The D3 Fiberlite sources a lightweight fiberglass shell with wind-tunnel proven aerodynamics and an efficient ventilation system. The Fiberlite also delivers a comfy, secure fit from its 3D cheek pads, as well as TLD’s signature styling and attention-grabbing graphics. Thanks to the D3 Fiberlite, the most decorated helmet in professional racing is now available for riders who crave factory performance.
Measuring your head with a fabric tape measure around the circumference of your head holding the tape just above your eyebrows and ears. 1″ = 25mm
Want to know more?
Posted in: News